Time this will take -45 mins for beginners (It will decrease the next time you will be making)-Don’t hurry to make your recipe more tasteful.
- Onion paste -2 onions
- Cashew paste (optional)
- Tomato paste -1 tomato
- Ginger garlic paste
- Dry Spices Powder-Turmeric,Cumin,Coriander,Garam Masala
- Fresh Cream 125 gm
- Cumin seed
- Boiled and Mashed potatoes-2
- Grated Cheese or Chhena -250 gm
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- Cashew or any dry fruit
- Boil Potatoes
- Prepare Chhena by coagulation of milk with milk with vinegar or lemon juice
- Grind onion and chilli to make thin paste
- Grind Tomatoes to make paste tomato
- Grind or Crush Ginger and garlic
- Grind cashew nut
In a hot kadhai add cumin seeds and let it splutter
Add Crushed ginger garlic /paste
Add Onion paste, I have added here few chopped onions also with the onion paste(optional)
When the paste changes colur add dry spices and let it cook , you can sprinkle water to avoid burning
Add tomatoes paste and cook it for 5 minutes or till the mixture starts leaving oil from kadhai.
At this point you can add tomato ketchup also if you want
Add the cashew paste and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat
Add one cup water and let it simmer
- In the meantime -Mix boiled potatoes,Chhena or grinded paneer,dhaniya powder (coriander) and salt.Add some corn flour if required to bind the mixture
- Make round balls out of this mixture and you can insert cashew,raisin or almond in between the balls and then wrap it up again to make round balls.
- Now heat oil in deep fan,deep fry the balls till golden brown.Keep them aside
Gravy must be cooked by now.Keep checking the gravy in between of your making of kofta balls .
Beat cream in a bowl and add to the gravy and mix well
Put the kofta balls in gravy and turn off the heat.
- Add these kofta balls 5 minutes before eating so that it doesnot get soggy.
- Keep a check on the salt as kofta balls and gravy both will be salty.
- The gravy should be dense you can adjust the texture using ketchup.
If Kofta balls are breaking while frying add more corn starch to the flour and adjust the mixture
You can serve this Paratha or Rice.
It’s as simple as that !