As A Kid I always add this question in my mind >Is Chilli Paneer a recipe that has generous amount of chilli in it?
Coming from a family where our stable diet was roti rice and curry; paneer was only for festivals and the only paneer recipe I knew was Matar Paneer.But as we say everything changes with Time and so does our knowledge and Learnings.
I got my answer from my sister who had made dry chilli paneer recipe for first time > “Nopes it’s not all chilli but yes it uses generous of Garlic and Ginger for sure”.Ginger Garlic together with soy sauce creates a wonder in the dish ! It’s a dry recipe that goes well with paratha and tandoori roti.
- Time- 40 minutes
The ingredients that you need for making this recipe are:
For Frying Paneer
- Paneer Cubes (cottage cheese) 200gm
- Black Pepper 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Cornflour/cornstarch 1 teaspoon
- oil to cook
For Chilli sauce
- Soy sauce 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar-1 teaspoon
- Pepper- 1 teaspoon
- Capsicum 2 chopped in cubes
- Onion 2 chopped in cubes
- Tomato 1 chopped in cubes
- Corn flour 2 teaspoon
- Oil to cook
- In a bowl mix pepper salt and cornstarch.Add 1 tablespoon water and mix well.The mixture should be thick.Put the cheese cubes into this batter and mix well.
- Shallow fry the cubes in refined oil.Keep it aside
- In a pan add oil and add ginger garlic chilli and cook for 2 minutes
- Add onions till it turns pink
- Add capsicum and let this cook for 2-3 minutes till they become soft
- Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes (it should not turn into mushy)
- Now add soy sauce , pepper and salt to this and mix well
- In a bowl, make a paste of cornflour and two tablespoon water ; pour this over the mixture in pan (You can adjust this consistency as per the dryness you need in this recipe)
- Mix well and turn off the heat in 2 minutes (Medium Heat)
- Add vinegar and season with chopped spring onions
Your Dry Chilli Paneer is ready to Serve.
Add Some Glaze to your Menu with this easy to make and quick recipe made from cottage cheese.
Make this Dry Chilli Paneer at home instead of ordering it in a Restaurant.
Save Money for your Shopping Spree 🙂