Kheer-making is not less than a task because it requires your lot of time and patience.You cannot leave the Kheer on the stove and roam about in the house for 10 minutes.Otherwise it will be not late that your rice pudding has burnt by sticking to the bottom of the pan 😦
So beginners ,prepare this over the weekend or when you know you have ample time to make this recipe! The best taste of the kheer comes when cooked in earthen pot but if you don’t have you can use your steel pot or non stick pot.
The ingredients that you need for making kheer are :
- Basmati Rice 150 gm
Milk 1 L
- Dry Fruits as per your choice
- Cardamom powder
This will serve 5 people- rest it depends upon your eating capacity 🙂
- To save time , I have soaked the rice in water for 30 minutes
- Bring milk to boil,once the milk starts boiling add the washed rice
- Now the task begins.
- You have to keep stirring the rice after every 5-10 minutes ,this requires frequent stirring.
- If required you can add more milk, it depends what consistency you want.You can alos add ocndesed milk at this point if you to make it more rich.In that case keep in mind the quantity of sugar you are adding at last as condesed milk has lot of sugar.
- This cooking process should be done on low flame and after 20 minutes you can check if the rice has cooked.
- This may take 30-35 minutes.Rice should be completely cooked,mashable by finger.
- When the rice is cooked, add sugar and let this simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add cardamom powder.
- Top it up with chopped dry fruits like almonds, cashew and raisins.
- Let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with pistachio and serve.
This mouth watering is not less than asnow beauty and when you will have bite you will realize its not less than that !!
The Sugar, The Rice and The Milk with cruchy dry fruits will mesmerise you 🙂
A Perfect Dessert for an ending Weekend.