Gatte ki Sabji is one of the tradional recipe from Rajashthan India.This curry is a mix of gram flour and Indian spices.
If you visit Rajashthan this is one of the curry that will be served to you with the tradional thali(platter).
Ingredients for making Rajasthani Gatte ki Sabji.
- Gram Flour /Besan 500 gm
- Dry spices- Coriander, Red chili, turmeric and cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Refined oil
- Garlic Ginger paste
- Onion paste -2 onions
- Tomato Puree – 2 tomatoes
- Roasted Cumin 2 teaspoon
- Baking Soda 1 teaspoon
For make Gatte
- Crush the cumin in mortar and pestle
- Add this to gram flour and knead a dough
- Add and refined oil to this mixture.
- Make long sticks out of this dough
- Add this to boiling water and let this cook till the gate are cooked, you can check occasionally
- Take out the gate from the water be careful as this will be gentle now(save the leftover water)
- Cut them into any shape you want
- In a kadhai, add the gatte and roast these till they are golden brown
For the Gravy
- In a kadhai add oil, cuimin seeds , ginger garlic paste. After 7-8 seconds add the onion paste and chili mix well till onion turns pink
- After 5 minutes add the dry spices and after 4-5 seconds add the tomato puree
- Cook this for 5 minutes. Add the left over water stored previously or you can mix some besan in half bowl of water, make a paste and pour this into kadhai
- Add Salt and Garam masala
- Add gatte and cook for 10 minutes, stir once
Watch the recipe on my Channel Cooking Mantra https://youtu.be/tZ5kqxJPoow