Poha Chivda is generally made from poha/chura (beaten rice).Poha is readily available in the market and I have mixed here the ingredients which are mostly available in every home.You can make this snacks and store it in air tight container for further use and it’s one of the easiest munching snacks that you can make at home.I have added here the home made potato
.You can make this snacks and store it in air tight container for further use and it’s one of the easiest munching snacks that you can make at home.I have added here the home made potato chips, you can substitute this with the chips available in the market.
There are other varieties and additions to this chivda like you can roast some makhana (lotus seeds) crush it and add in this mixture.
Chura or packaged poha from market
- Curry leaves 7-8
- Onion 1 chopped finely
- Chilli -1 chopped finely
- Dry spices. Dhaniya powder haldi /turmeric,zeera /cumin powder ,lal mirch powder
- Haldi ram Mixture -3tablespoon
- In a pan add 1 teaspoon oil and roast the poha/chura. This has to be done on low flame with continuous stirring so that it doesn’t get burnt.After 10 minutes you will see it has become crunchy -keep this aside.
- In the same pan add half teaspoon oil – to this add curry leaves, onions and chilli.To this add the dry spices and within 3-4 seconds add the roasted poha into this and mix well.
- Mix this on low flame , sprinkle some salt and pepper and turn off the heat.
- Crush some potato chips and add
- Serve or store in air tight conatiner to beat your instant hunger!
Note: If you are planning to store it for longer you can avoid the onions and instead add peanuts and makhana, you can roast them and add to this mixture.