Dal/Lentils/Pulses -There are varieties of recipes that you can make with this simple ingredient like- Dal Fry, Dal Paratha, Dal Veggies, Dal Beans and much more…I have included here dew of the recipes like dal paratha, dal beans, dal veggies in my blog here.
Dal and Chawal is one of the most loved food by many Indians as its simple and tasty, above all its easy to make.So if you in rush or you want to cook something simple -make dal, chawal and accompany this with salad and pickles, your full menu is ready!
I have made this Dal Tadka which is a dal cooked in a simple way but flavoured with Indian spices, onions and tomatoes.This is an ideal recipe for bachelor’s cooking as it’s quick and simple and you don’t need any fancy ingredients or complicated techniques in this.
Time 10 minutes to Cook Dal and 5 minutes for Tadka making.
Cook chana dal in pressure cooker for 10 minutes
Let this cooldown
- Put oil in pan- Add jeera, bay leaves, asafoetida
- When this splutter, add chopped onion and chilli; Let onions turn pink
- Add Dry spices Coriander, Red chili, turmeric and cumin powder 1 teaspoon each and saute.
- After 2-3 seconds add chopped tomatoes and mix well till the tomatoes becomes mushy
- Add cooked dal and mix.Add garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turn off heat and add chopped dhaniya/coriander
Serve this with chappati or rice!