Baigan Ka Bharta~A complementary dish for stuffed paratha/bread , it can also be be eaten with rice or chappati.The grilling of baigan/eggplant is important as this adds smoky flavor to this dish.
An ideal recipe for Bachelor as its easy to make and takes less time to cook.
- Eggplant- 2 No’s 300 gm
- Dry spices- Cumin powder,coriander powder -1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil- 2-3 drops
- Finely chopped onion and Parsley
- Wash and Dry the Baigan (Brinjal)
- Rub oil all over and insert peeled garlic clove into this
- Put this in gas or in microwave and let this completely cook
Keep on turning the Baigan so that it gets cooked from all sides
- When it’s done ,Let this cool -Cut the stem above and remove the charred peel.wipe with water to clean this completely.
- In a bowl,take this cooked Baigan , add dry spices ,French dhaniya , salt ,2drops of mustard oil and mash everything to make a smoothe choka/bharta
- Serve this with any chappati or rice