Eggs are high in Protein and one of the best supplement for boosting up your energy.I include every day one egg in my breakfast in any form like with sandwich or cloud eggs or egg scramble with toast or sometimes just boiled eggs. Egg Curry is made with Flavoured spices, boiled and then fried eggs cooked in the tomato onion thick paste.
Ingredients that you need for making this curry are:
- Boiled Eggs
- Dry spices powder -turmeric, coriander and cumin
- Salt to taste
- Refined oil
- Tomato Ketchup/puree
- Wet paste made in a blender using -Onion garlic chilli chopped finely and half teaspoon yellow mustard seeds which is optional
- Parsley fresh chopped finely
Boil and remove the shells of eggs and fry them in a pan with one teaspoon oil till they turn golden brown.The golden brown fried cover of the eggs makes it tastier.
- Add Oil in Pan, add half teaspoon cumin seed and let this splutter
- Add wet paste prepared
- Now add the dry spices and cook the mixture for 3-4 minutes, sprinkle some water if required.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes, add salt and let this reduce to a thick gravy.Cook this on medium heat.You can sprinkle water if you find it’s getting stuck to the pan from sides.
To the curry mixture add 1 cup water, it depends upon the amount of curry quantity you need-add water accordingly and let it boil.
- when you see the gravy has reduced to the required consistency, add the fried eggs. I generally make minutes cuts in the eggs using a knife before putting it in the gravy.
- Let this simmer for 5 minutes; add garam masala powder and turn off the heat.
The Fried Egg Curry is Ready to Serve